Printer does not recognize the cartridge ?
- When installing cartridge and it clicks into place continue to apply pressure pushing down on cartridge to make sure cartridge is in all the way so that the chip is aligned with the printer.
- If no ink is printing remove the cartridge and remove the tip from the syringe and insert it into the bottom of the cartridge and pull a little ink into the syringe.
- Install the Epson cartridges and print the nozzle check
- Remove the Epson cartridges
- Gently Clean the chip on the Refillable cartridges with Rubbing Alcohol or window cleaner
- With no cartridges installed try a hard reset shut down
- Turn printer on with no cartridges installed
Try a Hard Reset Shut Down Instructions below
You can hard reset your printer by following these steps.
- Remove all cartridges
- To reset it, press the power button and turn the printer off.
- Unplug the power cord from wall outlet or power source.
- Unplug the USB and internet cables.
- Hold down the power button with everything unpluged for 20 seconds.
- Plug the printer power cord in and other cables.Then turn the power on.
If this does not solve the problem repeat the steps but also remove the cartridges from the printer first.
Install the cartridges after you turn the printer on.
To update firmware you must download the newest firmware for your printer model (You can google it) and save the firmware to your computer.
Open the Utility tab of the printer driver and click on Epson LFP Remote Panel or Printer Firmware Update..
In the Epson LFP Remote Panel utility, select your Printer from the list and press the Firmware Updater button.
Select Individual Firmware Update if your printer is connected with a USB cable or Batch Firmware Update if your printer is connected over the network.
Epson LFP Remote Panel utility will automatically compare the downloaded firmware version with the installed firmware version.
If the downloaded firmware version is newer, press the Update button to start the process.
When the update process is finished, the printer will automatically restart to complete the installation of the new Firmware.
If printer does not recognize the cartridge:
If your printer does not recognize the cartridge. Remove the cartridge from the printer and install it again, but
as you push it down you should hear a click, continue to apply pressure pushing down as far as you can push it
Under normal pressure holding the cartridge down for 5-10 seconds. Repeat if needed.
How to replace the chip on a ink cartridge
Epson inject cartridge incompatible - Fix